Friday 6 May 2011

Withington - A learning experience

Well its been a month since my last event with Ahlerich and man did it show!! Dressage started out pretty well Ahlerich was nice and relaxed I wish I could have had a few more minutes to warm up but he went in the ring and started doing a nice test. I decided to where my helmet instead of my top hat for the first time and man I was probably the only one in England wearing one!! Man did I stand out! But it was nice I have to say not worrying about my top hat flying off in the wind! Well dresssage wasnt the best but we got through it I am going to enter Ahlerich is some schooling shows so we can get some more practice before Chatsworth next weekend! With dressage over we moved on to show jumping well that as well didn't go as planned. We started having a wonderful clear ride, al was really jumping well over the verticles (hes weakness) and then we came into a triple combination and I did not see a distance and I just sat there hoping al would sort it out for us and at this level that does not happen I felt like such an idiot and was kicking myself for not helping ahlerich out! He tried his little heart out but just did not have enough canter and landed right in the middle of the oxer :( I re-organized and got a big canter and jumped through the combination great and finished the course well. I feel so bad for ahlerich I think he may trade me in!!! Well I went back to the lorry and got ready for XC the whole time I was telling myself I need to ride more forward out there the jumps are big and I need to get a good gallop early on! Well once again I didn't listen to myself and it took till fence 6 to get going well and at this level that is just not early enough!!! But on the up side ahlerich was a super star I hate corners with a passion and after this event I could jump them all day he was perfect through all the tough lines and big fences. On some of the landing sides I was thinking oh my advanced is HUGE!!!! I am so lucky to ride Ahlerich he is such a star!! He ended to course well and was sound the day so it was a good learning experience for me and looking forward to next weekend and giving the advanced level another go!!

Meaghan and Big Al

No comments:

Post a Comment