Thursday 14 April 2011

Highs and lows of life

Well two weeks ago I ended my weekend on a great note and very excited to move back up to the advanced level at Burnham Market.... well as most eventers know we have a plan A plan B plan C, D and sometimes even plan E. Well plan A has been crossed off the list and now onto plan B sadly. Ahlerich came up pretty sore on monday morning after his gallop on sunday and I completely blame myself for this I decided to gallop him on some pretty hard ground I told myself as long as a go slow he will be fine.... well I couldn't be more wrong. I have to thank this amazing chestnut pony for putting up with all my mistakes and from now on I will never gallop him on hard ground again instead he will go swimming or go to the proper gallops! Lesson learned! But on a good note to this pretty bad one my farrier came to check his feet my oh my they were so uneven that poor Ahlerich was putting most of his weight to the outside part of his foot. So we reshod and the poor boy had bruised outside heels on both feet. So now he is enjoying new shoes so he is better balance and the rest of the week to recover. I have had to withdraw from Burnham Market which is a big bummer but there is always another day to play. We now have a little over 2 weeks to get ready for our next outing at Withington I will be very excited to get back into the start box again! On another sad note my family dog Gunner past away this morning at 18 years old he was the cutest thing in the entire world and he loved tennis balls more than anything else on this earth. I think when I go home in june is when it will really hit me that he is not alive anymore :( Also my sisters new horse Just Jealous aka James has to have surgery on his knee to remove a bone chip that happened about a month ago. I am so sad for Charlee she and James were just starting to bond. I hope he has a quick recovery and he and Charlee can be out on course again! Until then I think my step dad Britt could use the help getting his polo ponies back into work... she may be a very busy girl! Well this has been a pretty sad week for all of us. Hopefully next week will be a better one.

miss you and love you forever Gunner
Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment