Friday 18 March 2011

First gallop after Twelesdown

Well it has been a little over a week since out first intermediate ate Twelesdown and Ahlerich has been going great! I have been trying to up his conditioning program with a lot more walk and trot sets. My good friend Gemma and her horse Nelly have been joining Ahlerich and I for "hacks". Most people in England consider walking down the road and around the farm as a hack but Gemma and I have changed the meaning of a hack we go out for an hour and half to two hours on the road trotting and walking in stirrups that are so short that we can barely stand once we get off. Our thought is that we can accomplish two things in one, conditioning our selves as well as Ahelrich and Nelly at the same time! I wondering how long it is going to last! Oh well we are at least enjoying it for now! Today Ahlerich and I had our first gallop since Twelesdown and he felt amazing! I am trying to become a faster cross country rider and trying to attack the course more and really working on speed and adjustability. So I can try and save time when bringing al back to jump a fence or combination. I have to say today he felt great and was very rideable. Hopefully we can keep caring this on throughout all of our training and conditioning. Until next time enjoy the nice weather!

Ahlerich and Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment